About My Body
Hello everyone, and welcome to my stats and preferences page.
As a sex toy reviewer, I feel like it’s only fair that I let you guys know a bit about my history and my likes and dislikes because that really gives you a baseline for understanding where I’m coming from. I’ve read plenty of reviews on toys I was really, really sure that were going to be amazing, only to find out they hated the toy. This would be discouraging to me, but I would read more and more of their reviews and start noticing that their preferences were totally different from mine.
I want this guide to be here so as to put all my preferences out there so you don’t have to guess. This way you can get an idea if you like the same sort of things I do, or maybe you’ll find that you and I have nothing in common, that way you can take that into consideration when reading my personal experience in my reviews.
So here we go!
- I grew up in a very conservative home, so I was very sexually repressed (shocker, right?). I’ve always had a great appreciation for sensuality and strong sex drive – much to the dismay of my parents! I’ve been sexually aware and touched myself ever since I can remember. If I was ever caught I was told that it was wrong and not to do it, but I don’t think I was ever actually given a reason why. And it could be that my parents were just trying to make a point that masturbation was taboo around other people in the hope that it would stop me from doing it in public or around others. I learned to keep it under wraps and luckily I think I turned out ok. But because of this, I’m extremely quiet when it comes to sex. As an adult I’ve had to make a conscious effort to make noise during sex to give my partner something to go by.
- Clitorally I’m a pressure fiend. I’ve always been a grinder and I think this comes from growing up masturbating on my stomach. I no longer do anything on my stomach but I think my need for pressure is still pretty much etched in my brain. I try to mind-over-matter it and lighten my touch, but in the heat of things I pretty much always resort back to crushing whatever I’m using against me.
- This next fact kind of goes hand in hand with the last one. I have never had an orgasm from just vaginal stimulation. I’ve had orgasms that were vaginally centered, but I need there to still be some sort of clitoral stimulation, even if it’s just a little pressure.
- I don’t usually thrust toys. I’m a set-it-and-forget-it kind of gal. I like to squeeze and clench around the toy I’m using.
- I’ve never been one to use lube externally. Since I like a lot of pressure I need a bit of friction to keep whatever I’m using to from sliding all over the place.
- 99.9% of the time I am mono-orgasmic. I always have been and I don’t know if that will ever change. Occasionally I have been able to have second orgasm, but it’s very, very rare.
- Also, it takes me a while to finish, or at least it used to. Sometimes it would take me an hour + to orgasm, but luckily times have changed. Playing with toys really got me to learn a lot more about my body, and I’ve gained a lot of pelvic muscle control (Yay for kegels!) over the past year or two.
- I’ve never been a fan of oral sex *gasp!* I know, a lot of people find this shocking. Sometimes it’s nice, but it’s never really done much for me and I’ve never orgasmed from it.
- I’ve always noticed that I’m a bit sensitive when it comes to deep vaginal penetration and it can sometimes hurt. My gynecologist told me I appear to have a retroverted uterus (also known as a “tilted” or “tipped” uterus) . A tilted uterus occurs in about 1 in every 3 women. This uterus position makes it easy to “bottom out” and females like myself can often find deep and vigorous penetration uncomfortable and even painful. Of course the amount of warming up I’ve done or where I am in my monthly cycle affects this greatly, sometimes to the point where it’s a non-issue.
- I have an on-again-off-again relationship with anal play. I don’t often dabble in it, but when I’m in the mood, it’s usually really great and intense. And a partner using a finger back there is usually a surefire way to get me to climax quickly. But as someone who suffers a bit from bathroom anxiety, I don’t always feel like sharing that part of my body.
- I can squirt. I can’t do it all the time, but when it does happen, I make a mess. When I was younger it would happen on occasion when I’d be using a really strong body massager. I used to think that I was peeing, and it would always be an “Oh no!” moment. Now that I’ve learned so much more about it, it’s kind of something I take pride in.
- Ok, I’ll admit it: I don’t have the kink. It’s true I’ve just never gotten anything from bondage, impact play, etc. It’s never called to me and any bit I’ve ever dabbled in didn’t end up doing much of anything for me.
- Favorite Toy Type: Dildos and Body Wands. When I started becoming a toy freak I really liked vibrators, and I would always look at dildos and wonder why anyone would want something that didn’t vibrate. The more and more toys I tried the more I started to realize that I liked dildos over vibrators. I think this is partly because I like the softness that some dildos offer, but vibrators are sometimes too intense and I realize it can actually be over stimulating and I get less enjoyment while using them. I’m also not a huge fan of rabbits, and have yet to find one that I really like.
- Favorite Brands: Vixen Creations, Pleasure Works, and Tantus for dildos. And my favorite vibrator manufacturers are Lelo and We-Vibe.
- Size Preference: Medium. Yup, I like a nice medium-sized toy. When it comes to softer toys, I can take things on the slightly larger side, but I’m not a size queen. My ideal diameter is between 1.5″ and 1.75″. I usually prefer slightly smaller than that when it come to rigid toys, especially if it’s a toy designed for G-spotting. For instance, I prefer the small end of the Njoy Pure Wand and the Lelo Ella, which is on the smaller side.
- When it comes to anal toys, I can only take really small things that are less than 1” in diameter.
- Material Prefence: Silicone (the softer, the better) I • Texture: I like a bit of ridging or veining, and I really like coronal ridges.
- Oh, and I really like G-spot toys in general.
- I prefer steady vibrations externally, but I really enjoy patterned vibrations internally.
- One last thing to note: I’m not very sensitive to ingredients in lubricants that others can find problematic, such as glycerin. I’m also not prone to infections or UTIs and so far I haven’t had any adverse reactions or complications due to sex toy and lubricant use.